Friday, March 25, 2011

Daily Dose of My Art: Six-Part Continuous Panel Work in Progress

 So I was looking though my basement cabinet the other day and I found some old heavy duty card stock paper that had been cut into strips that were about 5" x15", and I decided to start drawing on them. Through the process of drawing I decided that I wanted to see if I could design a continuous modular panel of sorts (similar to a puzzle I had when i was younger that had no edges and you could arrange it however you liked because the finished right side would always be a match for the finished left side, and the same for the top and bottom). In this case I wanted to design panels that could stand alone if you wanted them to, or you could arrange them in order so that the last panel would always line up with first panel....or you could hang them completely mixed up and see if people realize that the drawings correspond to each other. Either way I'm excited about this project, and here are some pictures that show my work so far on it.

See the updated work in progress as of 4/6/11: Twisted Vine Designs: Daily Dose of My Art: Six-Part Continuous Panel Work in Progress: UPDATE
 

3/18/2011 6-part panel (of sorts) Work in Progress
panel 1,2, and the to be drawn upon remaining 4 "panels"
eventually the right side of the 6th panel will correspond to the left side of the 1st panel

 Panel 1 & Panel 2
3/18/2011 panel 1 and panel 2 (work in progress)
eventually the right side of the 6th panel will correspond to the left side of the 1st panel

Close up of the bottom parts of  the first 2 panels

Close up the Jellyfish in panel 1...He still needs some big refinements for instance he currently seems to be suffering from a slight case of polydactyly with his central tentacles , but this is just the initial drawing....
Another Close up of panel 1

No comments:

Post a Comment