Friday, March 11, 2011

Daily Dose of My Art: I love my 11 x 14 drawing pad!

Here are some drawings and works in progress from my 11x14 drawing pad. I 'm loving the freedom that the larger paper size  is allowing me in my drawings.



Colored pencil drawing ( 7/1/2010) experimenting with blending the colors a bit
"The Serpentine Forest" (1/31/2011) I love how this turned out, but i need to add some color to it eventually
"The Serpentine Forest" (1/31/2011) playing with the exposure a little bit with my ridiculously sub-par roxio photsuite. uggg I need my photoshop back/relearn how to use it for drawings instead of photography. summer project perhaps?

"The Serpentine Forest" (1/31/2011) experimenting with adding color (with the ridiculously sub-par roxio photsuite.) I really want to add some darker brown and perhaps some highlights of  dark purple and red. not sure yet.

"The Serpentine Forest" (1/31/2011) experimenting with adding color (with the ridiculously sub-par roxio photsuite.) I added  some of the darker brown but I havnt gotten around to the  highlights of  dark purple and red. The crappy software is annoying me so I will probably return to this drawing when i get photshop back on my computer again.

Work in progress (2/4/2011) I have since added to it but I haven't taken a picture of the additions yet. The concept with this drawing, ( which is odd in itself because I hardly ever draw with a concept, I usually start with a line and work off of it and let the drawing evolve on its own), was that the top part of the drawing on the left was going to be some weird tree thing with an elaborate organic abstract root system below it. it kinda happened...ish...
Work in progress (2/4/2011) I have since added to it but I haven't taken a picture of the additions yet. The concept with this drawing, ( which is odd in itself because I hardly ever draw with a concept, I usually start with a line and work off of it and let the drawing evolve on its own), was that the top part of the drawing on the left was going to be some weird tree thing with an elaborate organic abstract root system below it. it kinda happened...ish...In this picture I messed with the exposure levels to get a darker picture and come up with some color scheme ideas.
Work in Progress (2/6/2011) Very similar style to yesterdays blog post. Started this drawing off in pen, switched to pencil in order to not overdraw this as the design got more complex. (Overdrawing can be easily done if you are not careful and all the intricate details that you worked so hard on would get lost in the drawing because you forgot about the subtle power of empty white space in a drawing and how it can either make or break a drawing.)  I apologize for that doozy of a run-on sentence, and I will post a drawing of mine that was drawn for the purpose of showcasing the power of the empty space.

No comments:

Post a Comment